|I have officiated at many different events over the years, other than
Weddings. (Below are listed just a few)
Corporate Events, Masonic Ladies Festivals, Golden Wedding, Birthday Party,
Christmas Events, Awards Ceremonies, Garden Parties, Banquet & Balls,
Sporting Club Dinners etc.
What do these all have in common? A lot of time, money and organisation is
put into these events. However on the day, night, afternoon or evening so
many little problems can/will occur that can spoil your enjoyment of the
event as an organiser and derail your function. For example:-
- Guests arriving late, need to be shown to tables.
- Guests on tables, food, service, drink problems, sometimes the red coat is
easier to attract.
- Entertainers turning up whilst you are eating, need to be shown to changing
rooms and told timings etc.
- Entertainers who are working the event need a point of contact.
- All Services employed for a function, when they see a Toastmaster know they
have one point of contact for timings, food etc.